THANKS TO ALL THOSE THAT ATTENDED!
Please join Saskforward, the Corporate Mapping Project, Climate Justice Saskatoon, the Regina Public Interest Research Group and UNIFOR for the Just Transitions: Building Saskatchewan’s Next Economy summit!
When: October 27 + 28, 10am – 430 pm
Where: Campus Regina Public, 1069 14th Ave E., Regina
What: Energy transitions have already begun in many parts of the world, and are needed to thwart the further warming of our planet.
Saskatchewan’s leaders are failing to prepare our communities for the coming realities. Please join us for this unique and important summit where we will discuss the possibilities and pathways for transitioning Saskatchewan’s economy to renewable energies.
We encourage you to participate in crafting the messages and movements needed to forge a just future for workers, communities, Indigenous peoples and our future generations.
This event is free and open to the public, including youth. Child minding is available.
Workshop topics and speakers include:
- Transitioning Employment and Work (Hadrian Mertins-Kirkwood, Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives)
- Phasing out Coal (Climate Justice Saskatoon and Chris Gallaway, Alberta Federation of Labour)
- Transitioning the Electrical Grid (Mark Bigland-Pritchard)
- Decolonizing the Transition (Michelle Brass, Indigenous Climate Action and Alex Wilson, Idle no More and One House Many Nations)
- Winding down the Oil and Gas Industry (Regan Boychuk from Reclaim Alberta)
- Teaching about Transition (Jared Clarke, Climate activist and grades 6/7 teacher)
- Solar Coops (Wascana Solar Cooperative)
- Transitioning Agriculture (Cathy Holtslander and Darin Qualman, National Farmers Union)